Friday, May 27, 2011

Energy begets Enery

My little boy does NOT like to sleep, ever. So, I have read every book on the planet about it. One thing that was said, that is true is "sleep begets sleep." It's like the more sleep the kid gets, the more he sleeps, and the happier he is. Well... I have realized that this applies to energy! An excuse a lot of people use (including myself at times) is that they do not have the ENERGY to workout. I have learned from experience, that the more energy I have, the more energy I get! Do I make any sense?

When I wake up before the sun and get my sweat on, I have WAY more energy throughout the day. Then, if I crank up the music and dance with my baby and my hubs, I have even more energy! The more I move and groove and sweat, the more energy I have to get things done, play with my boys, and be happy!

It can be a vicious cycle- this whole having energy thing! I find that if I don't get up and get going, my whole day just kind of drags! Some people say they don't have time to workout. Well, for me, I don't have time not to! I NEED the energy working out brings! I feel so accomplished if I have sweated out 5 pints of sweat before 7am!

With my little soccer player, I need the energy to kick the ball around with him (but I make my husband do it while I train for a race)! And yes, I feel more energized, refreshed, and happier after we go "kick it"!
So, if you are not feeling energetic, my suggestion to you, and myself, is to PRETEND that you have energy and do something that requires you to move your body and maybe you will find that you do have some energy after all!

Am I totally crazy, or have you found that when you make yourself workout, or do something, you are more energized?
-please don't tell me I'm out of my mind and the only one who thinks this way!

What are your favorite ways to get energy? (It's totally OK if you say caffeine!)
-exercise, dancing around the house, cleaning, and sleeping are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment